How to open a myPOS account?
Opening a myPOS account is easy and can be done online. The Sign-up button is visible on every page of the myPOS website. Click on the button and follow the instructions. The following information will be requested:
- Legal Form - as per local corporate law
- Login Details - the details that the merchant will utilize to sign into the myPOS account
- Company Details - general information about the industry, activity and address of the business as well as registered company number and tax ID.
- Director Details - if applicable
- Person opening the account details - if different than Director Details
- Ownership Structure - if applicable. myPOS needs to be made aware of any and all stakeholders who own or have control over more than 25% of the company.
- Additional details - general information about the business location and seasonality, the source of income (required by law), expected annual turnover and average transaction amount
When the checkbox for accepting the Legal Documents of myPOS is selected, a 4-digit code is generated and sent to the provided mobile number in a text message. The code should be entered in the designated box. Generally, the code should be received within a minute of selecting the box. If a code is not received within this time, click on the ‘Receive a call’ button.
The Special Code (optional) box should only be populated if the signup is being completed together with a myPOS official distributor or if a myPOS device was purchased through a myPOS official distributor.
Once the account is created, an email is generated and sent to the provided email address. The email contains information on Identity Verification.