Best card machines for small business
Tips / 20.08.2021
As a small business owner, you know best that you cannot afford to miss a sale. This by analogy means that you need a reliable card machine for your business to help you do this. The Internet is a big place – you can find a lot of information out there on it. But if you’re looking for a quick and helpful guide to help you choose the best card machine for your small business, you’ve come to the right place.
Types of card machines
First things first. You need to be aware of the different types of card machines for small businesses so that you know which one is perfect for you. Here are a few of the main card machine categories that you can expect to find:
- Mobile card machines: Also known as remote or wireless, the mobile card machine can be taken with you on the move. They’re ideal for couriers, taxi drivers and tradespeople and they operate through their connectivity to the Internet via Wi-Fi, a data SIM card and GPRS connectivity.
- Portable: Remember the old-fashioned portable phone in your home? It was wireless and could be used in different rooms of the house without you having to be connected to the wall by the cable. This is a similar principle that applies to portable card machines. Like mobile card readers, they’re also connected to the Internet in various ways, but they are generally used in one location while designed to be able to be on the move. They are an ideal solution for restaurants.
- Countertop: The retail industry is where this bad boy is usually found. As the name implies, it appears on a merchant’s countertop. Also connected to the Internet, it’s a situation where the customer comes to the merchant for payment instead of the other way around.
- Unattended: Now we come to the Unattended devices. These are ideal for integration scenarios at unattended hotspots like parking lots, vending machines and others. In this scenario, the POS machine is integrated with the master device to offer seamless payments acceptance. What’s more is that they’re tamper and vandal-proof, ensuring that all payments can be accepted.
- POS systems: EPOS systems are a bit more complicated than the above-mentioned types of card readers because they involve a lot more hardware and software. For example, you’ll need a register, a credit card reader, a cash drawer, a receipt printer and a barcode scanner.
- Smart: These are Android powered devices with a whole host of apps to help you do business seamlessly. They also come with gorgeous touch screens as well as cameras. For example, the myPOS Cash register app is ideal to help you keep track of all sales and inventory in one place. Some of them come with paper printers, others come with barcode scanners. But the crucial thing is the range of business apps that you can take advantage of for smoother business operations.
- SoftPOS: Not exactly a card reader on its own, software point-of-sale solutions are essentially smart apps which can turn your Android phone into a POS terminal. You can accept contactless payments from a variety of different cards and also issue QR codes as well.
Which is the best card machine for you?
Now that we’ve covered the most common types of card machines for small businesses, let’s take a look at them in real-world scenarios.
Taxis: taxi drivers are always on the go. When they take their customers from A to B, they also need to be able to take along with them their mobile card machine. Why? Because of the card machine’s ability to accept payments virtually anywhere. An example of a portable card reader that’s ideal for the taxi industry is the myPOS Go device.
Flower stands: if you run a flower shop or a retail store where your customers come to the checkout counter to pay you for the sale, you will need an elegant payment solution in the form of the myPOS Slim. It will not only compliment your style, but it also has tipping support and a barcode scanner to keep your inventory in order.
Restaurants: restaurants are well suited for portable card readers like the myPOS Combo. The device prints receipts, is connected to the Internet with a free DATA SIM card. It is also appropriate for this type of business, as it has a durable keypad.
Home & repair services: the myPOS Carbon is your ideal payment friend here because it enables you to print receipts at your customer’s location and it’s sturdy enough to be carried around, withstanding shocks and bumps along the way.
Vending machines: you may have already guessed this one and if you said Unattended devices, you’d be quite right. Unattended devices are ideal for unattended hotspots as they come in sturdy casings and are still able to connect to the Internet in order to accept card payments.
If you’re finding it hard to figure out which machine is the right fit for your business, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for some expert advice! Our friendly and helpful staff members will ensure you get the best device at the best value for your business.
How much do I have to pay for a card machine?
Now it’s time for the crucial question – how much will a card machine cost you? There are many providers on the market who charge you monthly rental fees, sign up fees, annual fees and even fees depending on your turnover.
However, with myPOS this is different. We do not charge any sign up, monthly or annual fees, and there are no rental costs because the machine you purchase is yours to keep for life. You only pay a small and competitive transaction rate per transaction made, keeping your overheads low and liquidity levels high. What’s more is that you can get a card reader for your business from as little as 29 EUR!
Benefits of choosing myPOS
Are you convinced yet? If not, we can really sweeten the deal for you! Here’s what else you get with myPOS:
- Instant settlement: we believe in empowering our merchants with instant settlement of funds to eliminate liquidity challenges for you.
- No monthly or set up fees: why pay more when you don’t have to? This is why we charge you no monthly, set up or even annual fees.
- Free Visa business card: how will you access your received funds? With a free Visa business card!
- Online payments: you can also take advantage of online payment solutions such as Payment Requests, PayLinks, PayButtons and more.
- Everything in one account: we ensure that you can do everything from your free online account. And what’s more is that you can also take your business on the go with your myPOS mobile app.
- myPOS Online: ready to move to the online space? We’ve got you covered, too! With our latest and most innovative service – myPOS Online, you can now create your very own free online shop, upload your products and start selling right away. All that without going through the hassle of actually building a website from scratch. Simply create an account, upload your products and start selling!
Share this post: